Le Petit Playhouse has branches in two locations. Hillcrest and Durban North, Kwa-Zulu Natal. We are open from Wednesday to Sunday (unless otherwise stipulated) from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
From Wednesday to Friday it is open play, however party and school bookings take preference. No online booking is required for open play.
On Saturdays and Sundays, we have peak play sessions. We strongly suggest booking these sessions online to avoid disappointment.
Please note we are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays.
Peak Play Times
(Saturday – Sunday)
We offer 6 play sessions each week with each session lasting 2 hours.
Our play session times are:
Saturday: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1:30pm and 2pm – 4pm
Sunday: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1:30pm and 2pm – 4pm
Public Holidays: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1:30pm and then 2pm – 4pm
During School Holidays, we will revert to peak time play from Wednesday to Sunday.
Cost per session:
R160 per child (including pre-walker/baby)
Please note, a child ticket must be purchased for any child.
Suggested ages: Toddlers – 8 years (or from walkers until a child no longer enjoys this type of play).
Please ensure you have paid for a ticket if your child enters the play area.
At times we will have pop-up play sessions on offer during the week – some specifically for toddlers, school groups, birthday parties and special events. These will be advertised on social media and bookings can be made online. These sessions will vary week on week.
This is a structured play session with emphasis on the birthday child. The exclusive party booking is for a maximum of 30 children.
You are welcome to bring your own birthday cake and party packs for the children to eat but they must be packaged in individual bags or boxes for each child – we don’t allow open platters of chips and sweets and please note we don’t allow suckers or fizz bars – simply because the children’s hands get so sticky and our props get ruined! Juice for the children must be purchased from our café – we supply a wide selection of fruit juices as well as water. You are also welcome to bring balloons or any other party décor you may like to have/use.
Week-day party booking times: (maximum 30 children)
Wednesday – Friday: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1pm, or 2pm – 4pm = R2875
Public Holidays: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1:30pm or 2pm – 4pm = R4200
Weekend party booking times: (maximum 30 children)
Saturday: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1:30pm or 2pm – 4pm = R4200
Sunday: 9am – 11am, 11:30am – 1:30pm or 2pm – 4pm = R4200
Small party groups are welcome and can be booked as a group booking for a structured play session, however you will not have exclusivity of the play space. A designated space in the Café will be reserved for you. The session will be run as a normal structured play session however the play makers will make special emphasis on the birthday child. This is a minimum fee for between 1-15 children, and this secures the party space and play maker.
All adult food and drinks must be purchased through the café. We do also have party platters on offer. These need to be booked at least 48 hours in advance. If you would prefer to do your own catering for the adults then there is a surcharge of R25 per adult which can be paid on the day. Drinks for adults must be purchased through our café.
School Visits: Wednesday – Friday
For school visits, we have a range of age-specific activities which are both educational and fun, produced in line with the school curriculum. These teach children about the everyday world around them, whilst at the same time enabling children to get the very most out of the play space available. A puppet show in the village theatre is another highlight for school visits! These educational sessions are for children in Grade 0000 – Grade R and are 2,5 hours long, week-days only.
Cost for School Groups:
R2250: maximum 30 children
Includes puppet show
- All children playing at Le Petit Playhouse must purchase a ticket which entitles entry to the role play area.
- Le Petite Playhouse does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children within the premises, therefore all children must be supervised by a responsible adult/guardian at all times.
- Le Petit Playhouse encourages children to play, run free and explore in a safe and stimulating environment as such, there are inherent risks that are always associated with children playing and having fun together. These include children being exposed to moderate physical activity, tripping and bumping into fixed objects and other children.
- We want to promote a safe and calm environment – please no fighting, bullying or abusive language. Offenders will be asked to leave without a refund.
- You are welcome to take photographs of your children and post on social media but please ensure they are of your children only.
- No food, drinks or chewing gum should be taken into the play space.
- Customers who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the role play village for 48 hours.
- Upon leaving please ensure that any Le Petite Playhouse property is left behind.
- Tickets are non-refundable. 24 hours notice is required for session transfers.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to cancel a session and a refund will be issued.